19/02/2012

I am Rory, my first blog post.

About me
Primarly a student of design at Brunel.  I busy myself with as many projects as I can both commercial and personal.  I'm on tumblr and twitter already and feel having a blog to log my progress as a designer could help me.  I cannot promise perfect spelling or regular updates, but I will try my best to be imformative and helpful to aid other's research and inspiration as well as my own.  I am interested in Open Design and believe the basics of my research should be open too.  Most of my design work is on my Coroflot account.

Doing - On paper
Working on a couple of projects currently, trying to improve the process of hand washing in the kitchen, a promotional product in the shape of a book filled with fold out products, running a team to create an installation at the Made In Brunel exhibition this year.  Hopefully should be getting a nice packaging design project for makielab soon, working with illustrator and product designer enwill.




Doing - In the workshop
Not much at the moment in terms of making, but manufaturing a small batch of cheese graters working within a team. 


Thinking
Need to secure a placement for next year so thinking about companys I could apply to.  Went to the Send to Print exhibtion on at Aram yesterday so wanting a 3D printer more than usual, looked around a bit on the web and found one for about £600, maybe see how my placement pays?  Thinking also about trying to get another collaboration for the next mechanics project using ADAMS, as my last collaboration with GB cycles using ANSYS went well and the product that I worked on is likely to be in production soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment