09/07/2012

New Designers

I am now back from my trip up to London to go to new designers, it was great to see the guys from Made In Brunel and was a nice surprise to see a picture of the installation that my team and I created for the show up on one of the Brunel boards.  I preferred the Brunel stand layout this year to last's as I thought it definitely flowed better.


The One Year On exhibition that showed work from designers that were exhibiting at the show last year was inspiring, showing excellent work.  I really liked the wood/concrete lamps that reminded me of my wood/ceramic dish brush I designed.  I like the flush transition from soft, sanded wood to rough concrete.





As New Designers show not only Product Design and Furniture, but also Digital media I went to check out the Brunel work again to see my favorite media project, by David Paliwoda, and the winner of Brunel University Digital Media most outstanding project award.




I love how this imitates claymotion so well and could accelerate and modernise claymotion films.  It is an amazing dissertation that is a must to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment