26/02/2012

More washing up


Doing
More research = More washing up.




Still working out how to improve the washing up process by testing existing products and just doing lots of washing up and making notes.  I think I now know what the direction I am taking my concept and feel this project is nicely on track.  I am really enjoying the project as it is a problem that is relevant to most people, as people can love to cook, there's even TV programmes and books on it, but no one likes washing up, there's no programmes on washing up.  I have been using different tools for washing up including brushes and sponges to get a feel for whats better as well as researching them.



From my research I have found brushes are easier to clean and the most hygienic and last longer.  However although they tend to be tougher, especially on pots and pans, they don't offer the same feel and feedback that sponges give.


I have ordered some eco washing up tools, that will arrive next week to test that I'm actually quite excited to use.  I am expecting a Luffa sponge and a brush made from Saga Palm tree fibres.  I will report on how these work next week.

MADE IN BRUNEL
Been working towards on a concept for the installation I am working on for the Made in Brunel show and looking at a lot of inspiration pictures, so I thought I'd share a few.




Fred Perry shop in Covent Garden




Bulbs from Tumblr


Send to Print
Last Saturday I went to see the 3D printing exhibition at Aram, it was good to see what people are doing with these machines at the moment.  It has now finished though so I thought I'd share a few images from the exhibition.








Terance Conran Exhibition
The current exhibitions at the design museum are the The Way We Live and the Designs of the year 2012.  I really enjoyed the Terance Conran - The Way We Live exhibition and think it is defiantly worth a look.  It shows a lot of his work as well as a mock up of his office which has many small models of his work which are interesting.



I also saw this years Designs Of The Year where I liked the use of the large infographics on the wall.


One of my favourite designs at the exhibition was the Brompton Oratory Jacket.


That's all from me this week.  Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment